A Nuclear Power Plant Technician stated “I can tell you this for sure: I’ve used them myself (of course), and have seen them being used on:” All types of control relays (too many to count!) Control valve solenoids for air and hydraulic cylinders Reed relays (so many!) To detect the presence of the magnetic field…
A Nuclear Power Plant Technician stated
“I can tell you this for sure:
I’ve used them myself (of course), and have seen them being used on:”
- All types of control relays (too many to count!)
- Control valve solenoids for air and hydraulic cylinders
- Reed relays (so many!)
- To detect the presence of the magnetic field used to trigger reed switches
- Detection of magnetic polarity for permanent magnet motors
- Quick and easy detection of current flow through wiring
- PLC output relay energization verification Outside of work, I’ve seen them used to detect polarity of magnets used for magneto style ignition system coils, and in some cases, to determine automotive injector firing. I don’t have specific names of people, but I know that Nuclear was one of the groups that made sure they were in our system for purchase. These guys work on all manner of power transmission and distribution systems including:”
- Circuit Breakers
- No-Load Transformer Tap Changers
- Miscellaneous motors (not very common recently for various reasons)
- All manner of power tools that are used in the field
The Leach Relays Found at esterline.com
Can be Quickly Tested Using a Non-Contact Bartol Mag-Probe
Esterline Power Systems – Leading the Way in Aerospace and Defense Engineering
As one of the core capabilities of Esterline Technologies Corporation, Esterline Power Systems (EPS) draws upon the rich aerospace and military heritage of LEACH® in the field of power switching and control. For nearly 100 years, LEACH has advanced military aerospace and power switching design and technology. LEACH introduced the first “break-in” relay in 1919 and further developed state-of-the-art switching power throughout the 20th century —including Balanced Armature and Balanced Force relays, and rotary and solenoid contactors.
While LEACH relay and contactor breakthroughs have set the industry standard for traditional component design, the past two decades have brought even further advancement in power distribution equipment utilizing solid state power controllers, smart contactors, and safety-critical Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) products. As a result, Esterline Power Systems provides components and equipment for thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide.
Esterline Power Systems has manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. Each facility offers unique engineering, manufacturing, sales and service capabilities, and each functions as an integral part of the Esterline Power Systems team. With the industry’s finest electrical testing laboratories, combined with state-of-the-art manufacturing and assembly lines, EsterlinePower Systems is able to provide world-class service and an ever-expanding product line to you, our global customers. Learn more . . .
TO BUY MAG-PROBES GSA ADVANTAGE
If you are in the military and would like to order Mag-Probes GSA ADVANTAGE
Please refer to the link above to complete your order.
Call us: (1) 888-711-3427. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org