This magnetic sensing probe is an intrinsically safe, non-contact instrument, which allows troubleshooting without schematics or special training while eliminating time consuming and cumbersome hook-ups.
- No calibration required
- Works effectively from -80 to +160°F
- Requires no direct electrical connection
- Suitable for high risk explosive environments
- Waterproof, not affected by corrosion or salt spray
- Ability to check solenoid valves and relays while equipment is operating
- Isolates problems as electrical or mechanical in seconds, without a schematic
- Detects transient pulses and momentary loss of power as low as 10 milliseconds
- Detects residual magnetism – Great for checking relays before installing on aircraft
- Long life power source and low current LED lasts for at least 5000, 5-second operations
- Variable Sensitivity – detect 1 gauss using ring magnet – 3 gauss without using ring magnet
- Reduce Sensitivity by sliding on the white protective shield – Reduce detection of overlapping magnetic fields
- Magnetic sensing instrument used to troubleshoot AC and DC powered solenoids, solenoid valves, relays and heat controllers
3-1/2″ long. Wt: 1 oz. (USA) High Sensitivity Model, for all Electrical Solenoids, Relays, Coils and Reed Relays
The Mag-Probe® will allow many of its users to get their money back on the first test.
Mag-Probe® magnetic field detector is a great tool for testing operation and troubleshooting of many aircrafts systems. Mag-Probe® can be used for testing of aircraft relays, fuel valves, bleed valves and much more.
Oil and Gas
The Mag-Probe® will always protect oil and gas electrical technicians in explosive environments. It is completely encapsulated in a non-conductive material and no contact has to be made during testing.
Automobiles & Diesel Trucks
The ignition coil test will separate electrical from mechanical problems in seconds.
“I cannot believe how fast this product finds the problem valves and relays on cars . . .
Heavy Equipment | Mining
It is a definite must tool to have! I use it for trouble shooting aerial man lifts, (Booms and Scissors) forklifts, any machine that is run by Electric over Hydraulic operation . . .
Irrigation & Water Treatment Plants
With all the bugs, rodents and lizards and bottles that live in the valve boxes it makes it difficult conducting a test because many of the valves es boxes are in the earth . . .
Effective Tool when trouble shooting electrical systems with solenoid valves, relays or coils. The Mag-Probe can be used in any environment including Clean Rooms, Explosive environments, Underwater, Temperatures Ranging from -80°F to 180° F, and in a Vacuum. It can also be used on the some of the smallest relays in the world down to 1 gauss and the largest solenoid valves using the de-sensitizing shield to block over lapping fields. It has a shelf life of 10 years and will identify North and South Poles on any magnet. It also comes with a test magnet to make sure the tester is working correctly. There are unlimited applications for the Mag-Probe. When the light comes on you know you have the presence of current, continuity, and voltage in one quick test and will work while equipment is operational, safety permitting. Great for quickly determining which direction to go in when you are trouble shooting electrical coils, solenoid valves, relays and/or anything that has an electrically energized coil or winding.